SIZE RANGES FROM 2 METRE DIAMETER THROUGH TO 20 METRES
Which can be further extended with custom built rails.
A Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit has been an integral part of oil refineries since 1942, when it was introduced in the USA. An FCCU accepts chains of hydrocarbons and breaks them into smaller ones in a chemical process call cracking. This allows refineries to utilize their crude oil resources more efficiently, making more products such as Petrol for which there is a high demand.
A continuous FCCU has a primary reactor, a distillation column for separating out the crack hydrocarbons, and regeneration unit for cleaning the catalysts and preparing them for reuse.
Regenerator & Vessel Head turnarounds are the most critical operations in the refinery life cycle and numerous factors need to be carefully considered during project planning, such as:
- Site safety
- Scope of the work
- Cutting methods to be employed and machine tools required
- Establishing capabilities of contracting team
- Mobility of contracting team
- Quality assurance provided by contractor
- Estimated turn around time
- Predicted weather conditions
- Possible disruption to other processes
Bringing all these factors satisfactorily together for a smooth, speedy and ‘event-free’ turn around, particularly in remote or inhospitable areas of the world, can be a major concern for refinery operators.
Dry Cuttings Operations by Oil & Gas solutions provider, Destec Engineering, offer a range of advantages for the turnaround of the even the largest FCCU Regenerator & Reactor Vessel Head:
- Fast, efficient dry cutting process
- Cutting can start even before plant is shut down
- The actual cutting operation take 24 – 36 hours
- Weld preps can be machines on one or both sides of the cut line (depending on whether the same head is to be reused)
- Cutting of Overhead lines also available by Destec
- In House designed machines attached externally to the vessel via purpose make tracks
- Steel is cut using milling heads followed by a diamond cutting of the refractory
- Clean – little or no post operative cleaning (unlike waterjet cutting that can take up to 10 days to ‘mop-up’)
- Non-polluting and environmentally friendly
- Over 10 years experience in Regenerator Head & Vessel removal. Largest project to date: 17m Diameter with 125mm refractory wall thickness
- Highly skilled team
- Portable equipment – team has ability to work worldwide
- Total Project planning and execution.