Our Subsea pipe connector or as known in the subsea industry the ‘Destec GSB Subsea Single Bolt Connector’ is a purpose designed unit for subsea connection operations where a conventional four bolt G-Range pipe connection would be impractical.
The GSB subsea pipe connectors are supplied with a mounting plate which can if required accommodate guidance / pull-in systems for ease of alignment and provision for stab connectors for electrical and hydraulic circuits.
Standard G-Range or D-Range metal to metal Seal Rings can be used, or the customers own sealing arrangement can be employed.
Larger sizes and special designs (Dual Bore / Multi Bore / Concentric Bore) can also be accommodated. For example some GSB Connectors have been supplied with fabricated Spool pieces for mating to flexible risers.
For Subsea applications the GSB Connectors would be supplied with a combination of Molykote and Epoxy resin coatings. Designed for remote operations in the most demanding deep and ultra-deep water.
Alongside the standard clamp type connector there has always been a need for a connector where either repeated assembly, operation by remote operated vehicles, or powered drive has favoured the use of single bolt type connectors.
Destec Engineering now have many years of experience supplying these single bolt connectors in a very wide range of sizes, materials and pressure ratings. By using the range of Destec's conical seal rings, the units are compact and cost effective, and have significant advantages where weight is a problem.
• Weight saving by using destec metal seal rings, sealing at a minimum diameter, and also using high strength heat-treated and tempered materials for the clamps.
• Materials selected are coated suitable for most environments including subsea.
• As these connectors are often remotely operated, the destec seal rings can either be permanently attached to one hub or may be removable or replaced by a remote operated tool.
• Drive to the single bolt connector can be manual, or use air, hydraulic or electric tightening devices.
• Destec can provide systems with all the necessary limit and safety controls for operation.
• Subsea connectors operated by remote operated vehicles are equipped with standard API torque receptacles and guides.
• Secondary sealing together with tappings for leakage monitoring. On subsea applications this would be provided with a stab connector.
• Multiple pipe connectors within one large single bolt clamp.
• The Destec GSB Single Bolt Clampset is a purpose designed unit
• Supplied with a Mounting Plate and provision for Stab connectors
for Electrical and Hydraulic circuits
• Guidance / Pull-in Systems ease of alignment
• Size Ranges from 2″ – 60″
• Codes ASME VIII, API, BS
• Clamp mounting in any orientation. (Vertical & Horizontal)
• Design Life in Excess of 25 years
• Trouble – Free Remote Installation
• Compatible with ROV pull-in systems
• Dual bore, Multi bore & Concentric bores
• Fabricated Spool pieces for mating to Risers
• Pressure Ranges: 3000, 5000, 10000, 15000, 20000psi
• Seal replacement with ROV carried tools
• Seal Test arrangement included
• Soft Landing Cylinder function
• Fitted with standard API torque receptacles
• Lloyds design verification / appraisal available on all sizes
• Functional testing including pressure testing up to 30000 psi
• FAT tested
Making and Maintaining the right connection.
DESTEC ENGINEERING LTD
Five Mile Lane, Washingborough,
Lincoln. LN4 1AF. UK